AplusB Software Corporation founded in 2003 is an e-learning software development company that specializes in driver’s education. We are best known for the SimuRide series of driving simulation programs which are designed and packaged differently than other simulation development companies.
How SimuRide Simulation is Different
- SimuRide is a “free-roam” simulation; it is not limited to a strict lesson structure.
- The SimuRide software is sold separately from the computer hardware and frame (optional) and is available in different versions (Professional for one or three monitors, Trial Edition, Commercial, and Home Edition).
- The SimuRide is designed to function on your computer and with your monitors, making the purchase of a computer through us unnecessary.
The Benefits of Using SimuRide Simulation
- Boost time spent practicing without needing a driving permit, constant supervision, insurance, or fuel.
- Become familiar with difficult maneuvers before attempting them on the street: parallel parking, merging, passing other vehicles, manual transmission and double clutching (PRO).
- Overcome driving anxiety and condition good driving habits to draw focus away from driver’s hands and feet and onto events occurring outside the vehicle.
- Instruct multiple students in driving at any given time with multiple simulators in a classroom.
The Road Rules and CDL Manual software are complementary software and teaching tools included to prepare for written examinations under several different vehicle classes and endorsements. Alcohol goggles make for an excellent demonstration in drunk driving and can accompany the SimuRide and lessons on distracted driving by using a cell phone. Visit our products section and Online Store to view a full list of items available for your driver’s education.
Other Simulation Software and Equipment Available through Aplusb Software Corporation:
SimuRide Professional Edition with a Motion Platform
Our SimuRide software can be implemented into the motion platform; synchronized with a real vehicle body.
Telemetry – SimuRide Animation
SimuRide’s simulated output, presents a 6-DOF telemetry display.
Underground Mining Heavy Equipment Simulator
Our software is implemented in a heavy-equipment, operator cabin simulator; to practice and learn skills to work in underground mining.
Underground Mining Vehicle Land Rover Simulator
Land Rover – SimuRide was developed for underground mining. It satisfies underground traffic rules and safety required by international code.
Real Underground Driving – Land Rover in Copper Mine
Over 200 special Land Rover vehicles are used in one of the copper mines. SimuRide helps in training underground drivers.
Skid Platform (set)
The special tool to teach Skid Control. (Front Wheel Drive Vehicles only)
Driving with Skid Platforms installed is not only attractive but also educational and can save a life.
Installing the Skid platforms is fast and simple process; it is similar to changing a tire. Moreover, it is the opportunity for students to learn and practice changing a tire on the road in the case of getting a flat tire. Not many driving schools prepare students for such situation.
Skid Platforms are custom made for individual vehicles. So, together with your order please provide the model and year of the vehicle you want to use with Skid Platforms. It can take up to 2 weeks before we send them to you.
A Basic Guide to Skid Control
A basic guide can be defined as the loss of traction between a vehicle’s tires and the road surface due to the forces acting on the vehicle. Most skids are caused by driver error, although only about 15% of accidents are the direct result of a vehicle skidding. Skids occurring in other accidents are usually the result of last minute action, by the driver, when faced with a crisis ahead rather than actually causing an accident. Skids can occur both in the dry and wet as well as icy conditions, however, the chances of losing control and having an accident increase by 50% in the wet.
The effects of the above will be enhanced by speed. Combining these effects with non-recognition of adverse road and weather conditions will create problems for the driver.
The main causes of skidding are as follows:
a) harsh or sudden acceleration
b) excessive of sudden braking
c) coarse or jerky steering movements
The main types of skid that a driver could encounter on the public highway fall into three categories:
the front wheel skid, rear wheel skid and four wheel skid.
As well as the recognition of adverse road and weather conditions as a means of preventing skids from occurring, there are a number of other defensive actions that the driver can take.
- Accelerate gently as opposed to harshly and in a straight line wherever possible.
- Treat all braking operations in the same manner as acceleration.
- If conditions are adverse, delicate use of foot controls and gentle shallow movements of the steering wheel are called for.
- Ensure that the vehicle’s position, speed and gear are correct before entering and negotiating the hazard.
- Reduce speed in good time if conditions show any sign of deterioration.
- Make sure the vehicle is correctly maintained, especially that tire pressures are correct and the tires are in good condition. Also have the vehicle’s shock absorbers professionally checked; they are all that is holding you on the road.
- If conditions look at all treacherous, allow extra time for the journey.